Tuesday, October 16, 2007

10K

I ran a 10K race for the first time on Saturday. It was also the first time that I had ever run anything cross-country (which seems to be harder than running on pavement), as well as the first time that I'd run that far in my Vibram Five-Fingers shoes (lots of curious looks from all of the shoe-clad runners). I was hoping to come in at 7:30 a mile, but was about 15 seconds slower than that pace. What I found interesting was that I finished 190th overall, very much middle of the pack (lots of runners there were hitting 5-minute, 6-minute or 7-minute miles); but I was actually 10th among the runners who were over 190 pounds. That tells me something about how much harder it is to run when you're 210 pounds as opposed to these little guys who look like they're about 150. (Or else it tells me that there weren't many fast 190+-pound runners who happened to have showed up for that race.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home