Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Salad



I've been trying to eat more vegetables lately; I've been inspired by the excellent blog Mark's Daily Apple.

Above is a colorful (and therefore full of antioxidants) salad that I made tonight. It has eight vegetables in it: chard, spinach, cabbage, beets (grated), carrots (grated), red pepper (grated), broccoli, and some fresh tomatoes from my garden. For my own bowl, I poured on a little virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and pesto seasoning. A bit crunchy, but delicious and extremely healthy.

For lunch today, I had a can of wild Alaskan salmon (which you can get relatively cheap on Amazon), poured into a bowl with all of the oil. In it, I mixed: a dollop of mayonnaise, a little bit of sugar, salt, pepper, the same pesto seasoning, thyme, and a big dash of turmeric. I have this for lunch quite often; occasionally, I'll add some curry powder or minced garlic. Wild salmon is a great way to get Omega-3 fatty acids, which are linked to an staggering variety of health benefits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home