Wednesday, February 04, 2004

The Super Bowl

In all the endless discussion of the Super Bowl halftime show, I haven't seen any mention elsewhere of this possible act of censorship:
CBS did in fact practice some very aggressive censorship last night, if I am not mistaken. After a while I noticed when looking at the end zones shots you always get when a team is attempting a field goal or an extra point, that some fans were holding up bright yellow poster boards that were, apparently, blank. Why in the world would someone hold up bright yellow blank poster boards? When I looked more closely at the “posters,” it was apparent that they were digitally enhanced, blocking out some lettering behind the yellow. Now these posters were situated where I normally see “John 3:16” posters at football games, including the Super Bowl.

Perhaps someone has additional information about this, such as a shot of the end zone without bright yellow digital censorship to show what the suspect posters said. I would not be surprised if they did, in fact, proclaim, John 3:16.
Not that it makes any difference to me, I suppose. Such is my obliviousness to the world of trivial pursuits (I mean, sports) that I didn't know the Super Bowl was taking place until the day of the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home