Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Like all bloggers, I check my stats from time to time -- ok, daily -- to see who has sent visitors to my site. And sometimes interesting things turn up. Someone visited my site from Michael Barone's own stats page, according to which my blog is ranked 8th in how many readers it refers to Barone's site. And 4 out of the top 8 are Instapundit; 2 are search engines, and the other is Patrick Ruffini, who designed Barone's site. So basically I'm third. Who would've thought?

Then there's this site called "1 on 1 -- Web Knowledge for Business," which features a glossary of web terms. Under "Bloggers," guess what it says? This:
Bloggers

Web users who post usually short, frequently updated posts that are arranged chronologically on a web page. The content (weblog/blog) varies greatly—from links and commentary about other web sites, to news about a company/person/idea, to diaries, photos, poetry, mini-essays, project updates, and fiction. Bloggers webs are often linked to other bloggers webs. Examples are: The Buck Stops Here - www.stuartbuck.blogspot.com and InstaPundit.Com - http://instapundit.blogspot.com
Yep, me and Instapundit. [pulls up britches with self-satisfied expression] That about defines the term "blogger" right there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home